Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Here we go again...

Today was a pretty crappy day at work. I was there sicker than a dog with a cold and allergy issues all at the same time. I needed to call in today but that wouldn't have went over well at all. I would have lost my job for sure if I did that. I am so fed up with this place it isn't even funny. I just have a hard time dealing with the fact that we don't have the equipment that we need to get our job done right. We need a wheelchair scale, some gerichairs, a feeding table and all the things that you would need in a nursing home. Then I found out that there is a managment company that is coming in to reorganize the company I work for. That is a good thing I guess. I mean we need new carpet, possibly a new roof, and other repairs that we can't afford because the big wigs were putting the money in their pockets and buying more businesses instead of putting money back into the ones they already have. It was to the point that they were going to have to file bankruptcy. If that ends up being the case then, unless someone buys out the company, I will probably be jobless again. I can't afford that. I am so freaking tired of being broke. I work my tail off for this company and they are the ones going under. I just wish I knew what was going on with my boss. I did get a compliment earlier. Darcy, my administrator, called up to the workplace, and I answered the phone with the appropriate greeting. As I was getting ready to put her on hold and transfer her call to the appropriate person, she told me that she liked the way I answered the phone. The med aide that I work with says I'm not sweet sounding enough when I answer. However, unlike her I don't sound exasperated all the time. She always sounds like she has better things to do than answer a phone. Yes, we do get a little busy and it really seems like we are the only ones who are answering the phones but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I just needed to get that out of my system.

No comments:

Post a Comment